MALTESE PUPPY CUPCAKE, EASY CAKE DECORATION IDEAS, HELLO CUPCAKE ADORABLE DOG FACE MADE FROM CANDY.June 7, 2009 at 21:26 | Posted in Cute Food Photos | 1 Comment
† Name: Jessica Lee
† URL: http://www.JessicaLee.ca
† How were you introduced to the art of “cute cooking”?
I came across your site: https://cuteyummytime.wordpress.com/ and it inspired me to give it a try.
† What inspired your cute creation?
I love dogs, especially Maltese dogs. I even have two non-commercial sites for dogs – just for the love of dogs. One is for anything dog related (http://www.FurBabyInc.ca) and another one is everything Maltese dog (photos and etc. at http://www.MalteseRUs.com). Your site’s cute food photos made me want to make something cute like my Maltese dog. :-)
† How did you make it?
I like to keep things simple and easy. I’m a beginner (never iced any cake, not even a cupcake before). I made this (vanilla) cupcake using:
* 1 (box) Betty Crocker’s SuperMoist White Cake Mix – just followed the in-box instruction to make the vanilla cupcakes.
* 1 (canned) Creamy Deluxe French Vanilla Frosting for fur. To make fur: I put the frosting in a large Ziploc bag. Used 6 short Scotch tape to reinforce one corner of the Ziploc bag and then cut a small
“M” shape hole by making two tiny “v” cuts (connected together to make the “M” shape) at the reinforced corner of the bag. Just squeeze the icing out through the little “M” hole.
Note: Betty Crocker’s (canned) Whipped Vanilla Frosting and Easy Flow Icing are whiter but softer (harder to make fur – tried them and didn’t work).
* Licorice and Twizzler for nose, eyes, tongue and bow.
* half of a regular size marshmallow for muzzle base – under the icing.
* half of a cookie as the ears base – under the icing.
It didn’t take long to see the cute Maltese pupcake on the table. I’m a beginner. So, I’m sure other beginners can easily make cute cupcakes.